[profanity] amount of releases per year
toogley at nixnet.email
Thu May 14 00:02:27 CEST 2020
i wonder how many releases we should have per year? like openbsd does
well with 2 releases per year.
At least, i feel it would make sense to make a release soon, as quite a
few user-visible things have happened since february:
* Make /sendfile in OMEMO session configurable
* omemo: switch to 12 byte IV
* Expand omemo error message
* Improve setting encryption char error handling
* multiple memory leaks
* autocompletion of omemo/pgp/otr only when its features are built in
* MAM things
* OMEMO device list only for non-anonymous MUCs
those improve the user experience of profanity dramatically, IMHO. That
means, one release roughly every 3-4 months or so is good, i think.
What do you think?
More information about the profanity